As an admin, you are able to import your employee information from manual HR processes and/or other management systems into altHR. You may want to import employees in bulk when initially migrating to altHR or whenever you have a large number of employees you want inputted into altHR.
Before importing employee records, admins must have already completed the Company Structure, Job Bands and Offices,
1. On your admin dashboard, head to the left panel.
2. Click People > Import/Export.. You'll be able to see a progress indicator, that will show you what you may still need to set up.
3. Proceed to Organisations in Step 2.
4. Download Organisation Template to Upload Organisations in Bulk
5. Key in information into this template with the provided format. Go to the Instruction tab in the altHR template file for format instructions.
The template comes in an Excel format where the headers are color coded- red fields are compulsory and green fields are optional. Keep in mind that when compiling the data on the template, sticking to the template’s data format is very important to be able to successfully import data. A list of detailed instructions on the format for the altHR template is available within the downloaded altHR template
Note: Do not convert the template into any other format such as Google Sheets. This will corrupt the formatting present in the Import Template. Kindly input any data while maintaining it as an Excel Sheet.
Note: Do not edit, delete, or copy information from, or fill information into the Sample Rows (Row 3 & 4 in Organisation Sheet as they are designed for reference and will not be recognised in the system upon upload. Begin filling in your data from rows below.
6. Click Choose File. Select the Excel file you have filled in.
7. Confirm by clicking Start Import.
OR go to Organisations to set up Organisations Manually. How do Organisations Work?
8. After successful importing, you will be able to view your imported Organisations at
People > Organisations.
Note: When uploading the Import Templates, if you run into any errors, an Error Prompt will appear, and an Error Report (pdf) will be automatically downloaded to your device. You may refer to this error report to understand what information may have caused the error, as seen below
Organisations Import Glossary: