What is import expense requests
As an admin, you are able to import your historical expense requests from other management systems into altHR. If your company comes on board altHR halfway through the year, you will probably want to import expense requests for record keeping.
It is recommended to import expense records for the current year to reduce any expense disputes if they arise. Before importing expense records, admins must have (1) completed configuration of all expense policies as well as (2) hired employees onto the platform. Upon meeting the criterias, admins can import expense requests by filling it into the prepared template.
- Is there a template or format to upload the expense requests
The template comes in an Excel format where the headers are color coded, red fields are compulsory and green are optional. Keep in mind that when compiling the data on the template, sticking to the template’s data format is very important to successfully import data. We recommend you edit data format in the source file and copy them over to the altHR template file.
To import expense requests:
- On your admin dashboard, head to the left panel.
- Click Expenses > Settings.
- Click the Import Expense Requests tab.
- Click Download Template.
- Paste information from your old management system into this template in the exact same format.
- Click Upload Attachment to upload the completed file.
- Confirm by clicking Start Import. If there are errors in the file, an error report will be generated for your review.