What is Leaves Module
The Leaves Module, is where Admins can digitalised the Leave application and management process for the company. Admins are able configure leave policies accordingly, view and manage employee's leave requests and balances as well as configure the approval routings. There are several steps that must be completed in Setting up the Leaves Module :
1. Complete Set Up of People Module
2. Set Up Approval Routings
3. Set Up Work Days
4. Set Up Holidays
5. Set Up Leave Policies
6. Import Leave Requests
7. Modify Leave Balances if needed
8. Configure Leave Request Limit if needed
What is Import Leave Requests
As an admin, you are able to import your historical leave requests from other management systems into AltHR. If your company comes on board altHR halfway through the year, you will probably want to import leave requests for record keeping, and to ensure that their leave balances have tallied.
What to Do Before Importing Leave Requests
It is recommended to import leave records for the current year to reduce any leave disputes if they arise.
Before importing leave records, admins must have:
(1) Completed configuration of all leave policies
(2) Hired employees onto the platform.
Upon meeting the criteria, admins can import leave requests by filling them into the prepared template.
How to import leave requests:
1. On your admin dashboard, head to the left panel. Click Leaves > Settings.
2. Click the Import Leave Requests tab.
3. Choose the altHR template.
4. Click Download Template.
Note: Do not convert the template into any other format such as Google Sheets. This will corrupt the formatting present in the Import Template. Kindly input any data while maintaining it as an Excel Sheet.
5. Paste information from your old management system into this template in the exact same format. There's an instruction sheet in the Excel template for you to follow.
Note: Do not edit, delete, or copy information from, or fill information into the Sample Rows (Row 2 & 3) as they are designed for reference and will not be recognised in the system upon upload. Begin filling in your data from row
Red fields are compulsory and green fields are optional. Keep in mind that when compiling the data on the template, sticking to the template’s data format is very important to successfully import data. We recommend you edit data format in the source file and copy them over to the AltHR template file.
6. Once you're done with filling the data in the template. Save it and click Upload Attachment to upload the completed file.
7. Confirm by clicking Start Import.
8. If there are errors in the file, an error report will be generated for your review. You may correct the error in your file before importing it.
If there's no error, you're all set!
NOTE: Due to Emergency Leaves being tied to Annual Leaves, altHR's import system does not recognise Emergency Leaves as its own Leave Policy. Admins will need to Import these leave requests as Annual Leaves. If needed, admins may write in to email@example.com to request for the leaves to be tagged as Emergency Leaves.
NOTE: The leave request import is only for utilised leaves, and thus it will not accept Replacement Credit requests, as approved replacement credit requests result in Adding leave entitlement, as opposed to deducting from it.
NOTE: Leave Requests from the same employee, for the same leave policy, and having the same Apply Date and Time, will be consolidated into one leave request in the altHR System. If you require each leave request to be displayed separately, ensure there are differences in the date or time of the Apply Date and Time column
Leave Request Import Glossary: