According to the Malaysian Labour Law, employees are entitled to one Rest day in a week. If a company works 5 days a week, the day which is not a rest day, is considered an Off day.
Rest days and off days differ according to states. A majority of the states in Malaysia define Saturday as the off day and Sunday as the rest day. Whereas Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, and Terengganu, practise a Friday - Saturday weekend.
For states that observe the Saturday-Sunday weekend, Public Holidays that fall on a Sunday will be replaced with holiday on Monday, or the company could replace it with 1 day pay leave in-lieu. Public Holidays that fall on an off day is not required to be replaced.
- To set work days and hours:
1. On your admin dashboard, head to the left panel.
2. Click Leaves > Settings.
3. Click on the Work Days tab.
4. You will see the offices that you have set up. If your company operates in more than one state or country, please set them up so you can set leaves based on their respective operating days.
5. Click Edit to set and edit the work days and off days for the selected office.
6. Select the mode for each day for the office.
7. Select the action when a public holiday falls on Off days. This would affect the leave if you choose actions other than "Do nothing".
8. Confirm by clicking Confirm. Off days and rest days will be reflected in employee calendars when applying for leaves.
9. Repeat these steps to set work days and hours for all your branches.