What is Employee Organisation
An employee’s organisation is the department or team your employee is in. Personnel changes are common HR occurrences as employees move across departments and managers change. To begin, admins will have to identify which of the following type of change it is:
|Change Employment||This refers to when an employee moves across the organisation into a new position. This can be due to a promotion or to fill a vacant position. Before changing employment, please ensure that the desired position exists in the system and is vacant. To create a vacant position, please read How do I create a vacancy in altHR?|
|Transfer Position||Transferring position refers to the movement of a role between or within organisations, retaining their job title and job bands. The employee, along with the position, is moved to a different organisation. This can be due to restructuring of management.|
Important note: This article assists you on Transfer Position. If an employee is an organisation head, it is not possible to transfer their position away as it is tied to the organisation. Please use Change Employment, for more details go to How to change employee's position.
To move employee to another organisation:
1. On your admin dashboard, head to the left panel.
2. Click People > Employees.
3. Click on the Active Employees tab.
4. Search for the chosen employee.
5. On the right of the employee, click Actions > View Profile.
6. Click Employment Info.
7. On the right of the section, click Actions > Transfer Position.
8. Select the employee's new organisation and fill in the required details.
9. Confirm by clicking Transfer Position.
10. The employee will be moved to the new organisation.