What are Pay Items
Pay items are the components that make up your employee’s monthly salary.
Please ensure all of company's pay items exist in one of the following categories:
|Category||Example of Pay Items|
|1||Normal (Remuneration)||Allowances, BIK, VOLA|
|2||Additional (Remuneration)||One-off pay items such as Bonus, Commission, Directors fees, Incentives|
|3||Overtime (Pay)||Normal overtime, overtime on the rest day, and public holiday|
Please take note this is still a manual calculation, admin to input Total Overtime Pay in Run Payroll page
|4||Deduction||CP38, Unpaid leave, Zakat|
Please use Zakat pay item for zakat as this pay item has the logic to deduct PCB
This pay item category decreases employee’s nett pay.
To add new pay items:
1. On the left panel of your admin dashboard, head to Payroll > Settings.
2. Click on the Set Pay Items tab.
3. Click Add New Pay Item.
4. Enter details of the new pay item such as name, wage type, and EA field.
5. Select whether the tax is to be exempted. If it is exempted and has an exempt limit, set up the exempted limit and select the EA field if the amount exceed exempt limit.
6. Click Confirm once you're done.
- Full video on "How to Configure Payroll Settings":